Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Track & Trail. This privacy notice explains in detail the type of personal data we may collect about you, how we handle that data and how we keep it safe. It will also explain your legal right regarding your personal data.
This policy was last reviewed in January 2021.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website or submit any personal data to us.
What Sort of Data Do We Collect?
There are two reasons we may collect data from you, firstly to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best possible service. The type of information we may collect includes the following:
• Postal Address
• Contact Telephone Numbers
• E-mail Address
• Order Details
• Demographic Details such as hobbies or interests if supplied
We may also collect similar data if you order from us in store or over the phone. When ordering over the phone, we may ask for payment card information, however it is entirely your decision if you wish to share such information with us.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
When Do We Collect Your Data?
The main time we collect your data is when you order from us online or from one of our stores by phone. The following are examples of the other occasions when data may be recorded:
• When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (transaction data only.)
• When you create an account with us or sign up to our newsletter • When you engage with us on social media
• When you contact us by any means with queries or complaints
• When you enter any prize draw or competition hosted by us
• When you comment on or review any of our products or services
How Do We Use your Data?
• In certain situations, we may collect and process your data with your consent, for example when you tick or complete a box to receive e-mail newsletters, or if you register an account with us.
• Again with your consent, we may contact you electronically about promotional offers and products which may be of interest to you.
• We also use your personal data to fulfil our contract with you, when you order an item from our stores or website, which requires home delivery. In this situation your name and address would be passed to our courier.
• We may occasionally use your data for market research purposes, to better understand your requirements.
• Finally, if the law requires us to, we may have to disclose your information to the police or equivalent authority, for example in relation to an investigation or legal dispute.
We do not share any data with third parties with the exception of:
• WorldPay Merchant Services which is the secure Payment Gateway we use to process credit card payments . As this is an encrypted process, we do not see any of your credit card information.
• Couriers, principally the Royal Mail, who we use to deliver items to your home.
• Think3 – This company is our website host and processes personal details on our behalf only for the purpose of providing its services as a host. This company is also subject to current data legislation for the protection of data.
• The police or other official body, in the rare occasion we were asked to provide information to help with an inquiry.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data
We do not retain your data any longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
You have of course the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
• Contacting us directly by phone (01335 324821) or e-mail (email@example.com) or by writing to us at Track and Trail Ltd, 11-12 Spring Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 6DF
• Making use of the simple ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or the ‘STOP” number for texts Please rest assured that we care about your privacy and we will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files (generally filled with letters and numbers) which the majority of websites store on your computer or handheld device. These cookies are harmless and cannot cause damage to your computer.
Cookies are regularly used to ensure that websites function correctly. Without cookies, website features such as shopping baskets and members’ areas could not work as they do now.
Cookies are generally beneficial, making your interaction with websites smoother and easier.
• To keep track of what you have in your basket;
• To keep you logged in to a members’ area;
• To suggest products you may be interested in while you visit;
• To remember you when you come back to our site.
We do not store any personal information in these cookies at all, not even in an encrypted form. Some cookies may also be set by a third party (such as Google) for statistics and to help us improve the services and products we provide to you. None of these cookies collect personal information that would allow anyone to identify individual users of our site.